Just got off the phone with one of my private coaching clients who is getting prepped for a speed dating event tonight. I typically practice conversation and leadership skills with guys to help them be prepped before they go on dates or a to events. My client is kind of goofy so I wanted to find him some fun, quirky questions he could ask at the event. It's always great to have some conversation ideas in your back pocket, just in case you get stuck.
I stumbled on this great article a site called NY Easy Dates, that gave 10 Quirky Questions To Ask When Speed Dating. (That I know can also be used on dates)
I think they are awesome and wanted to share them. Would LOVE if you could add your own in the comments section below.
10 quirky questions to help you both enjoy your short time together, and to help your date remember you when it comes to making selections:
- If you were a stalker, would you be really good at it? (This helps you find out if he or she is determined and resourceful!)
- What would be your reaction if you were told that you had to marry the first person you ever had a crush on? (Everyone has a funny first love story…)
- What embarrassing incident would you absolutely refuse to tell me about? No, go on, you can tell me, I feel we've become close. (If he/she tells you, and the date doesn't work out, then you can always post it on the internet)
- Which television program would you refuse to give up for a date with me? (if he/she says FOX News, it?s probably not going to work out).
- What country would you most recommend that I visit? For example, after we?ve broken up, and you would prefer me on the other side of the world?
- If people were thrown in jail for bad habits, what (or who) would you be thrown in jail for? (Might as well know early what these issues are)
- When something cool happens in a movie, are you one of those who clap, or one of those who smile condescendingly at the clappers?
- If I knew your full name, and googled it, will I be more likely to want to date you, or less likely, or remain completely uninformed?
- At the Olympic Games for people with excellent dating histories, would you win a medal?
- What would be your chosen superpower? Would you use it for good or evil?
The reason why these questions are so good, is because they immediately trigger a woman's primal brain. A.K.A – This will capture her attention. At least for another 30 seconds.
NOTE: Once you ask one of these questions and a woman responds, YOU MUST do the following:
– Let her know she's been heard. For now, you can simply repeat back what she has said to you. “Really? You wish you were invisible?”
– THEN you share. DO NOT ask another question. Notice the CAPS. That means I'm serious ;-). If you ask another question and do not share, it will literally suck any spark out of her. E.g. – “I would want to be able to fly. Ever since I was 4 years old I had these dreams about flying…”.
Try it, love it and make it happen.
DON'T FORGET to make a comment below and add in your favorite questions to ask on a date.