OMG, my husband just voodoo'd me into be excited for him to go for a boys night!!! I basically pushed him out the door and told him to.
I understand that men need/want their space and that they want/need time away from their women to be masculine and recharge. BUT even though I may be the coolest wife ever ;-), I still feel that slight ping in my gut every time he tells me he's going out. I hate that I do, but I do.
That was until today when my husband worked his voodoo magic on me! I honestly didn't even realize he was doing it till now.
So here's what he did:
1. He walked into my office with a super sad face on which triggered me to say what's wrong
2. He said, “So X asked me to get together tonight for dinner but I really don't want to. I'd rather stay home with you.”
3. I said, “OMG you have to go. You never see X by yourself, we're always in couples. It would be good for the two of you to hang out and just be the two of you.”
4. He said, “But I really would rather just be with you.” (Sad face again)
5. I said “YOU ARE GOING. Trust me you'll be so happy you did.”
6. He said “You're so right. I love you.”
He reverse psychologied me and made me think it was all my idea. Genius!!! My husband is obviously learning from me. Ha. I try new things on him all the time that I teach to my clients.
The reason this voodoo tricks works so well on women is because it makes a woman feel loved and special.
I find that when most guys tell their girl about a boys night, they're so fearful of how she'll react that they say it unemotionally and coldly. It's as if they're already excusing their women of telling them they can't go when that is totally not the case. Them being closed off mixed with his fear of what she'll say creates a tension around “boys night” and that forever becomes an issue.
BUT what my husband did was genius. He made me feel loved, special and appreciated to the point that I almost sent out a group email to this friends to arrange a boys weekend in Vegas. Ha.
So next time you want a boys night, try my hubby's voodoo trick! It totally works.